Equality and Respect Policy Statement
Roberts Limbrick Ltd (the company) is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. To that end, the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality / national origin), religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation (groups with ‘protected characteristics’ under the Equality Act 2010). We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part time, full time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude, ability and commitment. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation, and this may include taking positive action to assist those with protected characteristics to participate on an equal basis.
Our commitment is as follows:-
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff
- Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense
- We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness
- Breaches of our equality and respect policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis
Mr Jeff Roberts, Joint Managing Director, has overall responsibility for the application of this policy and will ensure that equality and respect matters are given equal priority with other business objectives. This policy is intended to assist the company to put this commitment into practice and compliance with this policy should also ensure that employees do not commit unlawful acts of discrimination.
Successful implementation of this policy requires the active participation of all Roberts Limbrick Ltd’s clients, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and contractors, whether permanent or temporary. The organisation and systems for implementation are set out in Equality and Respect Policy 04.
Issue : 004 Issue Date : 7/11/2014