A Grade II listed Victorian warehouse sensitively converted into 26 contemporary one and two bedroom apartments
Lock Warehouse is a Grade II Listed Victorian
warehouse situated in the heart of Gloucester’s historic docks. Built in 1834 for Messrs J & C Sturge,
the leading corn merchants of the day, the warehouse has throughout the years
had several uses and owners.
In 1979 the building was bought by E J Cook, who adapted the interior to
house a furniture restoration workshop and arcades of small shops selling
antiques and collectables. Upon the
relocation of this provision to another location within the docks, Lock
Warehouse was converted, following Planning Approval and Listed Building
Consent being gained, into 26 one and two bedroom contemporary apartments
throughout its five floors and roof space.